Saturday, March 22, 2008

Jesus Christ, Bride Groom of the Church, My Lord

I am married. My allegiance is to the husband of my life, because I love him. I vowed to stay with him. I believe in submission to my husband, that protects me, and keeps me safe, makes me very special. My husband and I have learned about submission and about authority and integrity and about love, sacrificial love. He loves me sacrificially, I have it easy in comparison. I am a baptised, repentant, born again, member of the church...Jesus Christ is my Bride Groom. He is my Lord. I am also an American Woman, and that makes me somewhat self sufficient, independent, strong, in heart and mind. ( I am in the constant process of renewing my mind and heart to a likeness more comparable with Christ). I live in a culture that is moving farther away from principles that I cherish. The golden rule is the best rule, lying is bad and wrong, coveting is bad and wrong, stealing is bad and wrong, murder is bad and wrong, including the very tiny innocent who have no hope of protecting themselves. It is Easter. People lied about Jesus, they coveted His relationship with God and the people who followed Him. Jesus was murdered. Dignity was stolen from Him. He willingly endured it all, was bruised for my iniquities (all my failings and wrong doings, flaws and purposeful misdeeds) and the horrible beating and whipping so that I can be healed of physical, mental and spiritual sicknesses and disease. Not only me, but every single human being on this planet...now, in the past and in the future. How in the world does all that make sense. Jesus Christ rose on the third day. He Resurrected. He came back to life, fully and completely. He did that to show me, and you that death cannot hold onto Him, and He gives that promise to you and I. Follow Jesus Christ, be born again as He says we must, and death will not have a hold of you. People who do not know Jesus, those who scorn Him, ridicule and betray Him, don't believe Him and the message of hope he brings; those people, He died for them. He looks at them with eyes of love and compassion and long suffering. He pours out His Spirit continually to woo the lost, the betrayed, the hurting, the arrogant self sufficient and the indifferent. He is wooing and courting them, and you and me. Seek and you shall find. With an open heart and an open mind, with no strings attached - in a private place, get alone and ask God to show you Jesus Christ. He will. Are you willing to accept what He will show you. Humble enough to let go of past concepts and embrace the Bride Groom of the church and enter into the most fulfilling and loving relationship you could ever experience.
Come to the most elaborate banquet you could ever imagine as your Bride Groom, overflowing with love, proudly introduces you to eternity.

No comments: