Monday, April 14, 2008

Landlubbers delight

Ok, so we were able to be one month, just about, without a "real" phone. It didn't work out well for Jack, whose contract is a pay as you go Verizon deal. He ended up paying 3 times as much for his cell service as we did for our land line. He did not want to get a second line with my Unicel service. Too many changes. We retried Vonage, and that failed miserably. So now we have a Comcast deal with phone, internet and TV. This seems to be working quite well. Our TV viewing is quite minimal, so our "package" includes an under $10/mo TV service. If we want, we watch news and weather. On Sunday mornings I sometimes watch Day of Discovery, a good program. I have rarely found other worthwhile things to watch. Mostly I don't bother with the TV at all. Now the computer is another story, and I absolutely love the internet with the broadband Comcast provides. The phone service is great as well, though, we have received a few solicitious calls which surprised us. Not nearly as many as we were receiving with Verizon. Wish these big companies would quit selling their lists of names and numbers. I enjoy reading my favorite blogs, and connecting with my brother and sisters, and Christian sites are a favorite of mine.
My son and his gal have moved back to town, after living an hour away in an old old old old old...did I say old...farmhouse, uninsulated and essentially unheated. They had a cold winter for sure. They are back in town and we are happy.
My wonderful husband had eye surgery today, a cataract removed and new lens emplanted. He is sore tonight. I think I will go and snuggle up with him. He needs softness of comfort tonight.

see you soon.
Grace and Peace

No comments: