Monday, September 15, 2008

"Delay Does Not Mean Denial"

The quote is taken from a blog at a time when I was feeling quite discouraged. We had prayed and sought the Lord. It seemed the perfect match was about to happen. Everything seemed according to the will of God, and we felt His will had been confirmed.

We were searching for a place to go during Vermont winters. A place of healing and of new opportunities. Then, seemingly, it wasn't to be. A victory snatched away.
I went to the Lord. Honest and humble, I didn't understand and I was disappointed. I told the Lord I will go where He knows we should go, where He wants us to go...and I will be content where ever that may be. At that moment the disappointment was real.
We thought we were going to Denver. Reuniting Jack and his sister,completeing his schooling on campus with his instructor. New job opportunity and experience for Julie. Near to family we don't often get to see and be with...Terry and Colleen, Belinda and Nori and all their families.
Denver sunshine and moderate temperatures. Southern US is too hot for Jack. Denver looked good! Then the phone call, Julie received at work.. The opportunity to go to Denver gone. The job for Julie filled and no loner available. RN Travel Agency recruiter knew all hopes were for Denver and tried to ease the blow, offer other areas with lots of opportunity and interesting destinations. I couldn't think. told her I would call her back. I called Jack. His attitude was good, though I knew he was disappointed. "We will go where the Lord sends us". I hung up - then had my little time of prayer with Jesus. Still unsettled, I want to read scripture - went to the web and was lead to a blog...the title "Delay does not mean denial." Peace encircled me. I called my nurse recruiter back and accepted the idea to try another place. That evening we had dinner with Peter, I had worked so hard to pass that ACLS test...and just did that very morning!!
We left Peter to return home...to our travel trailer at Apple Island...the phone rang. It was the nurse manager from the Denver hospital. She offered me the position! I told her I was confused, I had been told earlier that day the position had been filled and was no loner available. The nurse manager said, yes it was filled .... with you!
Delay is NOT Denial! And some delays don't last long!

3 comments:

Loee said...

Wow! God is so awesome!

Lois

"Z" Man said...

WOW! I did not even know that had happened! So glad you are on your way!! Did you make it to Chicago on schedule?

Michelle said...

Ahhh, didn't know I was logged in as Jason... last comment was from me!