Saturday, December 6, 2008

Getting In Shape


In Denver, the altitude is high. As we drive around many are walking, jogging, riding bikes. Denver has a multitude of bicycle and walking trails safe from traffic. It has taken about 2 months for me to feel like I can walk at a steady fast pace without gasping for breath. I am still not fully aclimated, but felt it was time to go ahead and DO something. So, in true Yankee fashion and not wanting to overdo or hurt myself, I have enlisted the assistance of a personal trainer who will walk me through some exercise regimes and slowly, safely increase as appropriate. Now this young man graduated from a midwest college with a degree in physical fitness and personal training. He is well qualitfied and able to help me with this new endeavor. He also works as the GI tech in the Endo unit at PSL. Not his most desirable job, but it is an income, he had done the same thing in Ohio where he grew up, and PE Trainer jobs in Denver require a Masters...so he will be off to College in Colorado Springs in the not too distant future. I will post my progress slow as it may be. You notice, I have not put an actual picture of me here. Nope. 2 months of minimal exercise and healthy appetitie have taken their toll.
Grace and Peace to you, and the Lord help me. He made us, I want to take the best care of this body I can.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh Julie, I wish you were here so we could do this together. I am so disgusted with myself, and just about ready to do SOMETHING (not sure what yet) to get this weight off so I can BREATHE. Pray for me! I will pray for you and encourage you along the way! Go for it girl!!