Monday, August 17, 2009

Distances

The family had a big gathering at one of our favorite state parks in Vermont. Lots of trees, beach, picnic and play areas. The weather was perfect for the occasion, the food scrumptious and abundant. The family camaraderie, the love shared, the pride in the cohesiveness of the family to remain so connected through many many years, over miles and trials and always come together to support, admire, encourage and love one another is wonderful beyond words. I have had to work in the past and couldn't join the family. This year I was on call for my work...and 1000 miles away. I am thankful for modern technology, for digital cameras, cell phones, Skye and all other various ways to connect to each other. I really missed being there. Wanted to hug my sisters and brother. Wanted to share some new Mexican delights I have learned to prepare. Wanted to see all my grand kids together...and love on their parents...my kids, of whom I love so deeply and am so proud of them. Now I believe with all my heart the Lord has my husband and I here in Denver for a purpose. Jack's sister received the salvation message and followed through, repentance, baptism in Jesus Name and being filled with the Holy Ghost! We serve a mighty God indeed. Other events happening in our lives confirm to us, for now this is where we need to be and where we can be most useful to the Kingdom of God. We belong to a church abundant with faith and confidence in the Lord's miracle working hand...my sister has been healed and I believe it with all my heart...I have no doubts that is another reason why we are here...for her.
It is hard sometimes and other times the most fulfilling and rewarding place to be. I am growing and learning and hopefully helping others along the way.
Grace and peace to you all - may your dreams be fulfilled in spectacular ways that give God all the glory!

No comments: