Saturday, May 3, 2008

Another Big Step

This is my cute little condo. Not all of it, mind you- the kitchen and dining areas are what you see. This picture is a few years old. Last week my husband and I took the big plunge, we called one of our areas most successful Realtor to put our condo up for sale. My wonderful husband has been patiently waiting for 6 years for this moment. He wants space, a yard, a real shop in which to pursue his newest endeavor of band instrument repair technology. We tried to move 2 years ago. The condo was under contract and we had a place to move into when we closed here. The whole deal fell through tragically and we just stopped trying to sell at that point, took the condo off the market and regrouped. We thought we were in the will of God, but I think not. We have waited two years and here we are again...cleaning, decluttering, tossing out everything that isn't essential, and seeking God and His will in all this. Since we (mostly me) have had only two years to recollect stuff, the decluttering and tossing is much easier and a whole lot less this time around. This is definitely not the best time to be selling. The market is down. But we really feel that this is what we need to do. I thought we would be here until I retired, with the condo paid off by that time. Plans change. I need to be flexible and will trust my/our future to Jesus Christ. The condo is almost ready to "show". Just 2 more rooms to go. Camping season is upon us and I just can't wait to go! Will blog about that soon.

No comments: