Saturday, May 24, 2008

Memorial Day Parade












"Lest We Forget" The 2008 Essex Junction Memorial Day parade was fabulous! Many honored vetrans were present in the parade and the crowd was enthusiastic and warm in applause as they passed by. Jack and I wept at times, tears of gratitude and pride in our "heros" and our country. It is an honor to stand and place my hand over my heart as the American flag passes by. It is an honor and great priviledge to live in a free country. Even with America's short comings this is still the best place on earth to live.



Fire trucks, bands, local and state dignitaries, politicians, kids on decorated bicycles with parents peddling along side, dancers and kickers and Monty and Champ, it was patriotic and fun. I watched our grandkids all sit together glued to their spots as the parade passed by. Anticipation over whats next to come was high. Candy, leaflets, balloons and flags were all abundantly distributed to those on the sidelines. What a thrill for the kids!




Well, I have tried to post pictures in the middle of this text, but...as you see, rather saw..they went to the top. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh.michelle!



Michelle's parents are home in Vermont from wintering over in Florida. Welcome home Ray and Elaine!


Guess that's it for now, a nice sunny day for a parade.... followed by a special party for me, more on that later.


How grateful I am for my country and those who over the years have served to protect and defend her. Thank You.



No comments: