Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Spring Blooms




Can anything be sweeter or more magnificent than flowering trees, shrubs and bushes in spring? God's creation bursting forth new life, vibrant color, and aromas that please and soothe away the cares of the day.
Such bliss, truly. These pictures are from my bedroom window. Lilacs and flowering crab apple in full bloom. Not only is it a wonderful site to see any time I look out the window, but the fragrance of these flowers waffs in through all our "front side" windows as well. Kitchen, dining, living room and bedrooms are filled with the color and fragrance of spring. I love it! Our bird feeders are nestled in among all the blossoms and the birds are still coming. The Gold finches and cardinals add their own touch of special color, I haven't been quick enough to catch them on camera, but will continue to try. Across the street our neighbors' yard is in full bloom as well. Tulips and daffodils, and other shrubbery and flowers. God does paint most wonderfully!
Grace and peace.
Grammie Betimes

1 comment:

VTBeanbag said...

Hey Grammie,
I love springtime too. It was a long winter. It is very exciting to see all of the flowers coming out.

I've been starting to get frustrated with our apartment building and the fact that we can't just open our front door and get a wonderful breeze flowing through, but as I was sitting out in front of the building the other day I noticed what a beautiful job they had done with the landscaping.

The lilac trees are full and beautiful. The smell is incredible. Dan has been bringing some up for me a couple of times a week when he puts Mistaya on the school bus. The smell has been filling the kitchen.

The tulips this year are such a vibrant set of colors. The reds and yellows.

Even though we can't open the front door to the outside, I am amazed by the beauty that God has blessed us with just the same. I am thankful that He opened my eyes wide enough to notice it. He always seems to know just what I need... even when I don't. :) Enjoy the spring!

Blessings,
Bekah