Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day Off In Denver





























Jack was up early, had the coffee brewed and didn't disturb me as I slept well beyond our usual waking hour. It was bliss waking to a sunny blue sky, the delightful aroma of coffee wafting in while warmly snuggled in amongst my cardinals.



This is not a day for apartment dwelling. Off to the CAC Academy Chapel Service we went, having been invited last week to join them. Sorry, no pictures. It was a wonderful service. The students lead the worship service, with full instrumentation - drums, keyboard, bass guitar, rhythm guitar and worship singers. The message was on "Joy" which touched both my heart and Jack's. Then off to IHOP for breakfast. The service was a bit slow and we were regretting somewhat the decision to go there. The sunny day was beckoning and we were inside waiting.... then the food came. OK, the wait was worth it - the omelets and pancakes and hash browns were yummie. Then we waited again for the bill.....!



Once home, we decided to walk to the mail box and then just a short jont toward and on the shores of our little "lake". It is a beautiful day! We found some surprise blooms as well as some magnificent views and are looking forward to spring when things will green up. The geese were honking away and we discovered some baby geese among the adults. That was fun.






It is cold, very windy even though the sun is shining brightly, our walk ended with both of us getting quite chilled by the wind. Back at the apartment we did some book keeping. This is nice. One of the nurses I work with called and offered to take my call hours tonight! Hooray. I will take her call later in the month and Jack and I just may go out tonight. We bought a paper and are checking out the possibilities. For now, I am headed back to the cardinals for a nap! Oh the bliss!




Grace and peace to you all.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

FLOWERS!!!! I am sooooo jealous! ;)
It was actually pretty warm here in VT today...getting near the 50 degree mark! WOW! I am sooooo wanting spring to be here. I love the pictures, and you got one of YOU in there! YAY! HI JACK! We miss you guys! Lots of love to you both.
Shell

Grammie Betimes said...

I was just informed Colorado has "winter pansys" specially germinated to withstand the weather here..so these are a very hardy member of the pansy family.