Monday, January 11, 2010

Still Enjoying the Birds




We have been 3 weeks in our new location. A house. A garage and a coming together workshop.
A tub, very skinny, the plug doesn't work to keep the water in. A new neighborhood in winter when everyone is inside. I think a neighbor is some sort of either Ham Operator or CB - large antenna outside.
The bird feeder went up the first day. In Colorado there are birds of prey a plenty and the smaller birds of "catch" are very wary.
Yesterday I saw evidence that our feeder was being frequented by feathered friends. I sat at the window, camera in hand and waited. Not long and some sparrows and chickadees made their hasty snatch of seeds and flew quickly away. Some finches came as well (I think). I cannot explain the shear happiness to see those birds, especially the black capped chickadees. After all Blackcapped Chickadees are the Maine State Bird...and knowing that makes me feel like they flew all the way to Colorado to stop by our feeder for a visit to say hello. I am so very happy to see them. I know that is probably not the case. They probably live here year round. Still - I love their song, and I love seeing them at the feeder. This was a true blessing, especially this weekend, as family and friends gathered to celebrate Tucker's first birthday and I was here so far away. The chickadees came to visit. And I am very thankful.

No comments: