Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas 2007


Merry Christmas to all! It has been a wonderful day. Jack and I slept in... 7am is 2 hours later than our usual rolling out of bed time. It is still dark out when we leave for work in the morning at this time of year in Vermont. The first picture is one I took before sunrise this week, to get a glimpse of our lovely Christmas lights and decorated tree in the window. Jack and I enjoyed our early morning together today, coffee and Christmas devotions with Oswald Chambers, Charles Spurgeon, The Word and a time of prayer. Then, we opened our gifts here at home. Books to help us identify the birds that visit our feeders and a camping book will give us lots of fun reading and study. I have some very talented sisters who each made beautiful items to decorate our home. Jack, my Honey, got me a much needed and very welcomed new flannel nightgown, and, hooray, a new desk chair for when I am blogging, I am now in shear comfort!
A new coffee mug for the bus, flannel shirt and flannel lounge pants were Jack's gifts. Gee, flannel is IN in this household!
We headed to my brother Peter's in Burlington for a yummy breakfast of egg sausage bake, egg/ apple souffle with cinnamon walnut crunch topping and lime zest scones...and of course more coffee. I am on call, and as things turned out, got called in while driving to Burlington. Nothing too serious and the nurse on with me stayed to do the "clean up" after the procedure so I could join everyone for breakfast. Thank you Dawn, very much. It worked out well. I got to Clymer St. just as the egg sausage bake was coming out of the oven! George and Laurel joined us for the day. Ben and Stacy and their kids came, along with our good friend "the great Sandini" (Sandy). What a hoot! We had such a good time! Much fun and laughter. Once everyone arrived, we had a wonderful gifting extravaganza! The youngest shrilling and thrilling with their packages of toys and colored pencils, puppets and trains and socks and games. The older generation feeling the warmth and love of thoughtful gifts were well appreciated. Crystallized ginger, yum yum, from my brother will be savored for weeks to come! The kids (Ben, Stacy, George, Laurel, Sandy) went for a walk to the quarry - a tradition now - and afternoon movies on TV for the young ones(the videos are packed away since Peter had planned on selling the house way before now).
Roast beef and roast duck dinner with all the fixins, and pies galore was our late afternoon feast.
It was a special time. Family, friends memories and remembrances.
Sam stopped by and that was real special.
I hope this blog turns out OK, since I am a real novice and unfamiliar with how all these pictures are going to work. But I'll give it a try, hope you enjoy them. ...OK, so, I just checked out the pictures on the"edit" page, and only 4 of 9 came through. But they are good ones. I will do another blog with the others....H E L P Michelle!
Merry Merry Christmas- grace and peace
Aunt Bea....times

No comments: