Sunday, December 30, 2007

Dropping Off The Books








Saturday, George called. He had been plowing snow all night and wondered if we wanted to go to lunch at Libby's. Lunch at Libby's sounded great, so we called The Ziters with Sandy...alias the great Sandini. George, Jack and I met at Libby's Diner along with Jason, Michelle, Adam and Nick, and Sandy who just arrived Friday night from Maryland.(not Sandy,she didn't go to Maryland, just the Ziters) I had been planning a trip to Chelsea, Vermont for saturday to drop off the SGNA books to the incoming President, Linda. As it turns out, Linda lives a bit over 10 miles from George in Brookfield. My plan was to drop the books, then swing by George and Laurels for a visit. Now that we were meeting for lunch, I gave the books to George and he dropped them at the hospital where Linda works in Central Vermont. The security guard let him into the office and there he left the books. George called me from CVMC to let me know the task had been completed.
Another chapter over. In 2 days I will officially be the past president of the Vermont Region #63 SGNA. It was a great year. Lots of travel. Met some very wonderful and dedicated nurses. It was an honor to be elected to that position, to serve the Vermont nurses, who are the best in my mind, was truly inspiring and again a very unique honor. I know Linda will do a great job as president. Conrad, our president elect will follow her.
So the gavel...er rather ....books are passed.
It has been a great year.

No comments: