Thursday, July 24, 2008

Repentance

2 Corinthians 7:10

10For godly grief and the pain God is permitted to direct, produce a repentance that leads and contributes to salvation and deliverance from evil, and it never brings regret; Amplified Bible

10Distress that drives us to God does that. It turns us around. It gets us back in the way of salvation. We never regret that kind of pain. The Message paraphrase Bible

10 For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for that kind of sorrow. New Living Translation

I humbly apologize to my oldest son. I regret the words I said that caused him pain. A horrible misunderstanding occured. An emotional miscommunication that was not accurate. He showed great wisdom and restraint. I apologized to him. We talked about and understand that we are in the last days before the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Satan knows he has been defeated. Satan knows his fate. I am sorry if you do not believe that there is spiritual warfare going on right this very moment. It is a most horrific warfare and our enemy has no scruples what so ever. He wants to disarm, lie and destroy all he can. Jesus Christ is the target and we are the means. The more satan can cause people to fall away from a relationship with God, to sin, to give in to anger and to hurt one another, the more satan feels he has triumphed in his goal of "getting back" at God for the resurrection of Jesus Christ AND the establishment of God's church with power and salvation available for all...except for satan himself and his fallen angels. God is victorious! Satan IS defeated. I am joining my son in ferverent prayer to empower God's people to resist the devil and he will flee...
James 4: 6-8 6But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

The King James version of the Bible is very blunt at times...cleanse yourself you sinner... when you see the grime and sin and putrid attitudes on your hands, on your heart, in your mind ...cleanse yourself. Humble yourself and repent. God forgives. God cleanses. God strenthens and opens eyes to what is actually happening. Gird yourself with God's Word to avoid the traps satan lays for us all.
I was very wrong and I sincerely apologize. My son knows the exact details. And he has already told me he forgives me. As for the conflict we are in these last days. Keep praying. Stay close to God. Be honest and humble. Admit when you are wrong, seek forgiveness, trust God.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love you Mom! Been missing you at church..... please let me know if I can be of any more help at the condo, ok?

Life2Lyrics said...

Words we all need to live by. Nobody is exempt from these kinds of things... I love you!