Monday, October 22, 2007

Messages In Reverse

So,OK, you know that I was in Boston on Sunday morning taking a test. When I was done with that...and happily so I will add...I drove to George's place in the country, a 2 1/2 hour journey. George and Laurel were expecting the arrival of George's dad. He was coming to help set up the "shop" for all the work planned to spiff up the house. A nice visit, some snacks and real good coffee, and I hit the road again, heading for church and the evening service. I arrived an hour and a half ahead of schedule...wonderful. Time for a quick nap. I had been talking with the Lord while driving. Airing my mind, trying to make sense of some things and just plain ole communing with Him, best I could while driving. God is a good listener. The service....W H A M !! God surely was listening to me and to Pastor and to many of us I suppose. WHAM WHAM WHAM!! Some times we just need to be rocked to our socks and have things put in perspective. Repentance. Clean honest vital repentance. God spoke clearly to the congregation and in so doing to individuals as well. It amazes me how the words that are spoken so profoundly impact lives in very different ways. The same words. People get from God what He knows they need if they are open and honest and willing to receive with open hands and open hearts what God has for them. Conversions from sinful lifestyles and choices to righteousness, peace and joy happen in a moment of time, things get real clear and a sense of cleaness fills the depths of the soul. And it was the peace that really got me. Oh, what glorious peace. Knowing ..rock solid knowing God is in control ( of course we know this intellectually, but there come times when it is rock solid knowledge) and when I hold my piece...He will make peace. God is the Peace Maker. Then, on the suggestion of our head sound man, I got the morning service CD. The one pastor preached when I was taking my test. What did pastor teach/preach on?!?! PEACE. How Jesus Christ is the ultimate PEACE MAKER and how we need to put on Christ in our lives...and often times that means holding our piece so He can do what He does best, better than anyone on this ole earth can...MAKE PEACE. There was much more to the lesson...perhaps you already realize I was blown away...though not really, how so like God to use messages in reverse to help me in my right now moment. Grace and Peace to you.

No comments: